Find all the information regarding the Football Team here:
The football team for next year has been announced. Well done to those that have been selected, it was a very hard job this year as the standard of trialists was so high.
Training will start in September for the first team squad and reserves.
Reminder: there is no more football training this term. We start again in September.
Year 5 Only Tournament Squad Announcement
Year 5 Only Tournament
On Thursday 6th June at Biddick Academy we are playing in a Year 5 only tournament. We need some extra Year 5 players for this so if you’d like your child to play let the school office know before Tuesday 4th June, thank you.
We have a match on Tuesday 30th April at home vs Marlboro. the squad for this game will be announced on this page.
Training is outdoor every Tuesday night 3:30 – 4:45pm.
Please have a look for any football kit (blue sondico shirt, black sondico shorts and blue socks) that may have been left at home by accident and bring it along to the school office, as we are running a little low. Thank You.
Matches and Training
Our matches start again this Thursday 28/2/19 away at JFK Primary School, here is the squad (Football Team 28.2.19) for those matches.
Due to parents evening training will continue Tuesday 12th March, 3:30 – 4:45 for all team members and will be outdoors so please ensure children have correct clothing.
5 a side Tournament
We will be taking part in a 5 a side competition on the 24th January 2019 at Washington Leisure Centre, from 4pm – 5pm. The team is going to walk to the venue, and parents/carers can collect their children from the leisure centre any time after 4:30pm, or alternatively wait until we return to school (around 5pm) to collect them.
We have qualified for the Group C cup final which will be taking place at Washington Leisure Centre at 4pm on Thursday 13/12/18. Parents are more than welcome to come and watch and children can be collected from the Leisure Centre or we will return to school around 4:30.
After half term we will be training indoors, so children will require trainers not football boots, thank you.
There are also no more outdoor games until February, however there will be an indoor Futsal League and a 5 -a-side Competition with information regarding these to follow.
Click here: Wessington Football Team Fixtures 2018-19 to see our full fixture list (all games are subject to change)
- Training for all members of the football squad is Tuesday after school 3:30 – 4:45. Squad members need to bring kit, boots (or trainers from October – February) shin pads and a drink.
- You will be informed by text on a Wednesday if your child is in the team for the match that week. The weekly squad will also be posted here.
- Matches are usually held on a Thursday night, either at home or at another school as an away fixture. Squad members need to bring boots, shin pads and a drink, we provide kit for matches.
- If we have an away game, you can pick up your child up from school in the usual manner and take them to the game, or school can provide transport to and from the fixture and you can collect when they return to Wessington (usually around 5 – 5:30pm.)
- If you have any questions or problems, don’t hesitate to contact Michael via the school office or on the school yard on a morning.