Every child in reception, year 1 and year 2 will receive a free school meal as part of a government initiative.
If you are a parent and in receipt of any of the benefits listed below then your child is likely to be eligible for free school meals. It’s quick and simple to apply online, please click here.
You can apply if you are in receipt of any of these qualifying benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they’ll remain eligible until this date.
Please don’t hesitate to apply as the school will receive extra funding to do wonderful things with and help support our amazing children.
If you aren’t sure if you are eligible, please contact one of the team on 0191 561 1417. You can also email us on email@example.com
Click here to see the wonderful meals our kitchen will prepare for the children.
For all new claims received before Friday 28th September you will receive a £50 school uniform voucher.